One of my ultimate fave dishes ❤️
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 2 xlarge white onions
- 1 can of Diet Coke (whichever brand works all same)
- Tomato passata (half/small carton)
- Tomato purée 1/2 tube
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 1 tsp of Chinese all spice
- Salt & pepper sprinkle of each
- A glug of Worcestershire sauce
- A glug of dark soy sauce
Cook through your chicken until fully cooked and soften your onions in a large pan with a smidge of oil or fry light.
In a large jug I mix up all my other ingredients and give it a good mix up, once the chicken and onions are ready I pour over this this liquid mixture. I bring to the boil and then turn it onto the lowest heat on the smallest hob and simmer for around 20-30 mins. I like mine to have quite a bit of liquid like a curry so I just thicken it up over the heat but I don’t boil away the sauce like some people do.
Once it’s all heated through and at the right consistency for you then it’s ready!
Serve on a beautiful bed of rice or chips.
See my rice blog for in my opinion what is the best rice in the world.