This is such a cheap dish to make and yet it’s so tasty and filling!
Beautiful tomato infused beans with tasty chunks of diced lamb and beautiful spices.
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 1 packet of diced lamb
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes or 3 fresh tomatoes chopped.
- Half tube of tomato purée
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 1-2 tsp of pulp biber (red pepper spice)
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for frying lamb
- Turkish rice – see blog for recipe.
- 1 large white onion diced
- Half a kettle of boiled water
Pour the beans into a pan and add some boiled water, boil on a medium head for around 20 mins (I like them soft as they can be quite hard)
Fry the diced onions until nice and soft, add the diced lamb into the pan until nicely browned off and then pour in the tins of tomatoes, diced garlic, pepper spice, tomato purée, salt and add the drained beans. Give it a good stir and Pour in half a kettle of boiled water, Now simmer for around 10-15 mins on a low heat to bring all the flavours together and cook the lamb through, keeping it tender.
Serve up with some gorgeous turkish rice and you have a tradition turkish dish of glammed up rice and beans 😍❤️
Let me know if you give it a go